[Photo - CC Attribution - guy schmidt]
Saint Patrick’s Day is Sunday, March 17, 2013. For most people, it’s a lovely excuse to drink to excess and pretend to be Irish. I myself am Irish… but the wrong type. St. Patrick’s Day passes without much fanfare in Northern Ireland, or so I’ve been told by my relatives. If you’d like to read more on the topic, here’s the Wikipedia page.
PS – I have to thank the radio the other morning for giving me several of these gift ideas and inspiring this post.
To mark this generally inauspicious occasion, consider some of the following fun gift ideas for your family or significant other:
- Irish Spring Soap (or Gel Douche, as they called it on the radio)
- Lucky Charms – I wrote a bunch about cereal puns once.
- Notre Dame Football swag – The Fighting Irish
- Licorice – What’s a British soldier’s favourite snack? Lick-Irish. (PunGents)
- Themed T shirt – ReKixx Recyclable Sneakers makes some good green ones (I have two!), or check out Old Navy.
- A questionable rock music CD – aka some “sham rock”
- Baileys – The Dubliner tried to quit drinking, but was Bailey able. (PunGents)
- Green Ring-pop “from the Emerald Isle”
- Guinness – Is a tester of Irish beers a Guinness pig? (PunGents)
- Green pancakes
- Gold Coins, or some loonies to be coffee money!
- Green latte – just add a few drops of food colouring to your milk or milk-alternative.
- Blame leprechauns for everything all day long.
For fun, consider grabbing one of the things above to make your Sunday a bit out of the ordinary.
Pro Tip: It is probably too late to buy green food colouring already. If you need some, run out and try to get it now.
Do you have any silly and cheap St. Patrick’s Day Gift Ideas to suggest??