Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Disclosure in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
These candy cane sugar scrub cubes are your next favorite go-to DIY Christmas gift basket idea! This is a really simple project for making refreshing and rejuvenating sugar scrub cubes for your friends, family and coworkers. You’ll love how easy this DIY project is to throw together. And, it goes along perfectly with any other spa themed gifts you might have for making a memorable Christmas gift basket! Check out our detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures below for making your own this year.
DIY Candy Cane Sugar Scrub Cubes Gift Idea
This is one of those craft projects that your guests will think came straight from the bed & bath section! They’ll be surprised to learn it’s made with natural ingredients, too. In fact, it’s more than likely you’ve already got some of these supplies on hand right now. If you’re a beginner just dipping your toes in the world of soap making, this craft also makes for a great introduction.
You can get yourself set up with all of the necessary tools, and supplies for making soaps, sugar scrubs and bath bombs. Your recipients will love these thoughtful and enjoyable sugar scrubs, perfect for a relaxing evening. I love self-care gifts like these that just invite you to treat yourself. These have a lovely festive scent that will make your favorite spa-lover glimmer with holiday cheer!
Gifting Suggestions for Sugar Scrub Cubes
Since these are so easy to make, you’re probably going to want to whip up a few batches for your family and friends out there. Personally, I love including these as a part of a gift basket, or spa set. Of course you can find products like these at the store, but it’s nothing like a DIY treasure you’ve made yourself!
These scrubs also make for excellent party favours, and DIY gift exchange presents. If you’re in a bind, make sure you bookmark these instructions for making them again next season. Last minute, homemade gifting has never been easier. And don’t forget, you can easily personalize sugar scrubs! Use your recipients favorite colors, scents and holiday shapes for the ultimate surprise!
- I/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cube melt & pour soap base (1×1 inch)
- 15 drops Peppermint fragrance oil
- 1 drop cherry soap colorant
- Small round ice cube tray
- Small glass measuring cup or bowl
- Wooden craft stick for stirring
Instructions for Making Candy Cane Sugar Scrub Cubes
Put the cube of soap into the measuring cup and microwave on high for about 20-30 seconds.
Add the olive oil, sugar and fragrance oil. Stir well. This will thicken up very quickly, so if it is getting thick, place in microwave for addition 10 seconds.
Put drop of cherry soap colorant in and give just a quick stir. You want to be able to see a marbled effect of colors when this sets.
Pour into ice cube tray and let set for about 45 minutes to allow the cubes to completely form.
Remove from tray and put in an airtight container.
More Christmas Gifting & DIY Inspiration
- Christmas Tree Sugar Scrub Bar DIY Gift Idea
- Keto-Friendly Grinch Fudge
- 10 Christmas Traditions for Couples
- The Ultimate List of Ideas for Drawing Names for Christmas Gifts
- The Most Fun Christmas Games Ever
- Put the cube of soap into the measuring cup and microwave on high for about 20-30 seconds.
- Add the olive oil, sugar and fragrance oil. Stir well. This will thicken up very quickly, so if it is getting thick, place in microwave for addition 10 seconds.
- Put drop of cherry soap colorant in and give just a quick stir. You want to be able to see a marbled effect of colors when this sets.
- Pour into ice cube tray and let set for about 45 minutes to allow the cubes to completely form.
- Remove from tray and put in an airtight container.
Finished Soap Scrub Gallery