Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Disclosure in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
These deliciously creepy cookies are the perfect recipe to make with the kids this Halloween! (Or for yourself, we won’t judge!) They are super simple and easy to put together and kids can be as creative as they want, and honestly that’s the best part! These will seriously turn some heads at the class Halloween or office party. Find our recipe for these Halloween creepy crawly sugar cookies below!
Recipe for Halloween Creepy Crawly Sugar Cookies
What I really love about this recipe is how you can make it your own with simple substitution of candies and different colored frosting. Plus, if you’re making them in batches you can add a unique theme to each set. Creepy crawlies, gravestones, skeletons, pumpkins and witch hats! Sugar cookies are the prefect Halloween treat if you’re trying to turn up to the haunt with something that’s convenient enough to make yourself that still stands out.
Personalize These Delightfully Creepy Treats!
Who said creepy couldn’t be sweet? These cookies satisfy any monster sized sweet tooth with an abundance of fun and delicious Halloween-themed decorations that will be a perfect addition to any spread! In the recipe below, we’ve included detailed instructions for making the sugar cookies, icing and of course some suggestions for baking decorations to give them a little extra charm.
Some other ideas to personalize your creepy crawly sugar cookies:
- Add some M&M candies for chocolatey surprise that doubles as big round eyes.
- Try different colored frosting for ghouls, witches, skeletons, ghosts and even spiders!
- Search for all different types of gummy bugs and creepy crawlies to mix things up a little.
When you are out buying your ingredients, definitely check out all the different types of sprinkles, candies, and the many different food coloring you can get! Kids and adults alike can enjoy decorating these cookies and making them their own, no matter what the occasion. Another great idea for these cookies is to bake them and bring the frosting and toppings with you so the class or party you are bringing them too can do this as an activity! How fun would that be?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes
- 1 (16 oz) Package of your favorite Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 (14 oz.) can of White or Vanilla Frosting
- Orange Food Coloring
- 16 gummy worms
- Reese’s Pieces (as many to your liking)
- Chocolate or Halloween Sprinkles
- Bake the sugar cookies on your baking sheet according to the directions.
- Let cool completely.
- Add a couple drops of food coloring to the can of frosting until it becomes orange to your liking.
- Stir until combined.
- Spread the frosting onto each cookie and then decorate with the gummy worms, candies, and sprinkles.
Halloween Creepy Crawly Sugar Cookies
- ● 1 (16 oz) Package of your favorite Sugar Cookie Dough
- ● 1 (14 oz.) can of White or Vanilla Frosting
- ● Orange Food Coloring
- ● 16 gummy worms
- ● Reese’s Pieces (as many to your liking)
- ● Chocolate or Halloween Sprinkles
1.Bake the sugar cookies on your baking sheet according to the directions.
2.Let cool completely.
3.Add a couple drops of food coloring to the can of frosting until it becomes orange to your liking.
4.Stir until combined.
5.Spread the frosting onto each cookie and then decorate with the gummy worms, candies, and sprinkles.