Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Disclosure in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Create something wonderful with just a few of the craft supplies you’ve probably already got laying around! With just a quick rummage through your craft bin, you’re well on your way to creating an adorable popsicle stick snowman craft for kids! Craft some Christmas cheer with your kids with an approachable and easy to make DIY Christmas decoration that just about anyone can put together. Kids will love decorating and displaying their hand made crafts!
Easy to Make Popsicle Stick Snowman Craft for Kids
If you’re looking for an easy Christmas craft for kids, this popsicle stick snowman is a really simple project to complete. They’ll also enjoy decorating these small crafts, which is why they’re designed to be easy to paint. The only thing your child will need is a bit of experience with a hot glue gun so they can assemble the craft project.
Since the components are so simple, this is one Christmas craft that’s great for a last minute Christmas eve activity! Just gather up some popsicle sticks and paints, and you can create something memorable with your kids. What’s great about it is just how much personality they can put into this project. Kids love being able to personalize crafts like these, and their own designs and accessories. If you want to provide them a creative holiday activity, this snowman craft is an adorable project for them to make.
More Christmas Inspiration:
- 20 Best Christmas Decorations
- Best Christmas Classroom Gifts for Kindergarten Students
- Tealight Snowman Ornament Craft
What Can you do With This Snowman Craft?
Pick up some extra holiday themed decorations, accessories and motifs for kids to make their snowman craft all their own. Even with a bit of leftover gift wrapping supplies, you’ll be surprised what they can come up with! Turn some black construction paper into a matte top hat, red ribbon for a scarf, and foam craft paper for eyes and buttons. There’s a ton of details they can add to make their craft unique!
Kids will also enjoy finding the perfect spot to display their snowman. If you want to make it a bit easier to hang on the tree as an ornament, all you’ll need is some ribbon. Loop a small piece of ribbon, and tie it between the vertical and horizontal popsicle sticks securing it with a dab of hot glue. That way, it can easily hang from a branch. With just a little creativity, you can make this simple craft into a fun and engaging activity for kids! Follow our step-by-step instructions below with photos to learn how to get started.
- White & Black Paint Paintbrushes
- Regular size popsicle sticks
- Small popsicle sticks
- Ribbon for Scarf
- Orange Felt for Nose Black Marker
- Craft Eyes
- Red & Green Glitter Glue
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Evenly line up 7 regular size popsicle sticks
- Using a hot glue gun, run a line of hot glue the entire length of a small popsicle stick & press it horizontally onto one end of the 7 sticks - repeat this step on the other end as well
- Flip the newly made board over and run an angled line of hot glue near the top of the board and apply a regular size stick at an angle to form the brim of the hat
- Paint the face section of the snowman with a solid coat of white paint
- Paint the hat section with a solid coat of black paint
- Use hot-glue to attach the eyes just below the brim of the hat Using the orange felt, cut out a triangle shaped nose and glue it below the eyes
- With the black marker, draw on the snowman's mouth
- To decorate the hat, use the red and green glitter glue to make a dot design on the brim
- Your snowman is now complete!
Directions For Making Popsicle Stick Snowman Craft for Kids:
Evenly line up 7 regular size popsicle sticks
Using a hot glue gun, run a line of hot glue the entire length of a small popsicle stick & press it horizontally onto one end of the 7 sticks – repeat this step on the other end as well
Flip the newly made board over and run an angled line of hot glue near the top of the board and apply a regular size stick at an angle to form the brim of the hat
Paint the face section of the snowman with a solid coat of white paint
Paint the hat section with a solid coat of black paint
Use hot-glue to attach the eyes just below the brim of the hat Using the orange felt, cut out a triangle shaped nose and glue it below the eyes
With the black marker, draw on the snowman’s mouth
To decorate the hat, use the red and green glitter glue to make a dot design on the brim
Your snowman is now complete!