The school year is coming to an end and children everywhere are rejoicing.
Parents, on the other hand, are probably not as excited to have their kid’s home all summer long and will be counting down the days until school starts again.
The end of the school year is the perfect time to give your child’s teacher a small gift to show your appreciation
The people who teach our children don’t often get the credit they deserve. Great teachers put their heart and soul into their job. Almost everyone has a special teacher they remember from their childhood who made a positive impact on their life.
Purchasing gifts for teachers can be difficult. How do you know what they like? Edible gifts like coffee and chocolate can be hit or miss depending on their personal preference and possible food allergies.
Handmade gifts from the heart are always a great idea. It’s nice to show someone how much they mean to you with a gift that you’ve poured your heart and soul into. It’s great to have kids lend a hand in making a gift for their teachers or caregivers
Kids will love to make this cute and simple painted planter for their teachers.
If you don’t have time to paint the pot or your kids don’t like to do crafts you can always buy a pretty pot and use the free printable.
DIY Potted Plant Teacher Appreciation Gift Kids Craft
- Small house plant
- Terra cotta pot and saucer
- Craft paints
- Paint brush
- Pipe Cleaner
- Free Thank you card printable
To print, click on the image to open in a new tab, then click Ctrl + P or Cmd + P to open your printer dialogue box.
- Have your kids paint the terra cotta pot with craft paint in any design they like. Let it dry overnight.
- Replant the houseplant in the new pot.
- Print and cut out the Thank you for helping me grow printable.
- Tape it to a pipe cleaner
- Stick the end of the pipe cleaner into the soil
- Give it to your favorite teacher.