Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Disclosure in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Frankenstein’s monster has been invited to Halloween you say?
You want a creepy, yet still healthy, savory Halloween appetizer snack? We’ve got you! As a bonus, this is a gluten-free Halloween snack, too, so you can serve it up knowing you’re catering to freaky folks who happen to be celiac.
This guacamole based savory snack is also EASY. We’re talking assemble it from things you might even already own – especially if you have some bloodshot eyeballs on hand. Now that’s the kind of Pinterest Parenting I’m all about – make it look cool, be healthy and not even require a ton of effort.
You might be worried, at this point, because assembly can be tricky too – and no one actually wants a trick, only treats. We’ve got you. The secret is, Frankenstein’s monster (remember: Dr. Frankenstein is the main character, he created an assembled monster) mostly has a rectangle for a face. Whew. All you need to be able to do is make a square blob on a large plate or cutting board. You’ve got this.
Tortilla chips, pre-made guac, black olives, a carrot and some eyeballs is all you need.
Splat that guac into a rectangle!
Add your (freshly washed please) eyeballs, then one olive for a nose. The other two olives are ears/the bolts in his head.
Peel some strips off of your carrot, cutting them down if need be, so you can make a stitched together mouth and head bandage.
Add a smattering of blue tortilla chips to make hair, and you are all set! One Frankenstein’s Monster healthy Halloween snack complete.
Ahhh, I’m terrified.
I think it’s the eyes.
Wondering what to do with all the leftover olives? Make some spider deviled eggs!
Frankenstein Guacamole Ingredients
• Blue Tortilla Chips
• 1 Carrot
• 2 Toy Eyeballs
• 3 Black Olives
• 8oz Guacamole
Frankenstein Guacamole Preparation Instructions:
1. Spread the guacamole onto a medium sized platter to create Frankenstein’s head.
2. Place the two toy eyeballs onto the guacamole.
3. Add a black olive for a nose.
4. Add two more olives for ears.
5. Using a potato peeler, shred the carrot & create a mouth and a bandage using the carrot peelings.
6. Lay out the blue tortilla chips out to create hair.
More Halloween Treat Recipes
More Halloween Ideas
- Eye Slime Halloween Craft
- Glowing Eyes Spooky Paper Towel Roll Craft
- Cute Couples’ Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Treats that Aren’t Candy
- Ghost Plate Halloween Craft
- • Blue Tortilla Chips
- • 1 Carrot
- • 2 Toy Eyeballs
- • 3 Black Olives
- • 8oz Guacamole
- Spread the guacamole onto a medium sized platter to create Frankenstein's Monster's head.
- Place the two toy eyeballs onto the guacamole.
- Add a black olive for a nose.
- Add two more olives for ears.
- Using a potato peeler, shred the carrot & create a mouth and a bandage using the carrot peelings.
- Lay out the blue tortilla chips out to create hair.