Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Disclosure in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.
Growing up is entirely overrated. We end up with jobs, bills to pay and we still have to follow the rules, only they’re called “Laws” now. Remember when we could play all day and run around the neighborhood with our friends? We had LEGOs, coloring books, cartoons, Mad Libs, and more! Plus, the only “work” we had to do was homework and the occasional chore. Well, we can’t go back to our childhoods, but we can enjoy things we had as kids that are now made for adults too!
Re-imagined and Made for Adults:
Remember coloring? Man, kids can spend HOURS coloring, and I used to as well! I know that most of us are familiar with the foul-mouthed, swear word coloring books that are available now, but they can be so much more than that! Here are a couple of my favorites:
- Are you a tattoo fan? Check out this Tattoo Style Coloring Book!
- “Anybody want a peanut?” If you know this quote, click HERE!
- No list is complete without a little Disney. This book has pages upon pages of Princess Inspired Designs for you to color!
How many of you played Mad Libs? It was the foundation of our daily oral language skills from late elementary on! I am so happy to let you know that they now have Mad Libs made for adults! How fun would this be at a get-together or party?!
- Eat, Drink, and Be Mad(Libs): for a casual night with friends.
- My Bleeping Family (Mad Libs): for a family gathering.
- Golden Girls Edition (Mad Libs): definitely for girl’s night!
LEGOs, dude. Then again, LEGOs have always been multi-generational, but man oh man, they make some AMAZING and difficult sets now! Are you a Master Builder? Test your skills on these:
- Fancy a trip? You could build yourself the London or Paris Skylines!
- Want to go even further?! Load up your VW Camper and head to Hogwarts! After you build them, that is.
Let’s play a game. It was always so much fun to play a board game or tabletop game with your friends (or school your siblings in one). Bring back the fun with these made for adult versions:
- What Do You MEME?! (Card game)
What I’m trying to say is, there are things made for adults that CAN take you back to your childhood. All you have to do is put on your unicorn or dinosaur onesie pajamas, sit back and enjoy one of these things that kids have but are made for adults to enjoy now too!