Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which keeps the lights on and the tax collector paid. Many thanks for your support! Disclosure in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.
Previously, I wrote a post on honeymoon gift basket ideas. It has proven quite popular, so I thought I would expand it with more honeymoon gift ideas.
It is important to note that you want to strike a balance of free time and activities for a honeymooning couple. The whole wedding process is usually quite overwhelming and they will be using the time to relax, wind down and spend time with each other. If the couple has requested specific things, that is an excellent place to start. If not, consider something that may not take up too much time, such as a photography credit, or something that will replace time already allocated, such as a restaurant gift certificate. Some activities will obviously be appreciated, but a 3 day tour on a seven day trip without prior planning with the couple might be a bit overwhelming!
What types of things can you give as a honeymoon gift?
- Horse Drawn Carriage Ride
- City Tour
- Scuba Diving
- Wine Tasting
- Concert or Theatre Tickets
- Museum/Zoo/Attraction passes, such as the Statue of Liberty or the Eiffel Tower
- Upgrade to a fancier restaurant at an all-inclusive
- Gift Certificate for a local restaurant
- Credit at an in-hotel restaurant
- Room service credit
- Local coffee shop credit
- Groupon gift certificate
- Upgrade their room
- Upgrade their car rental to a luxury vehicle
- Upgrade to valet car service
- Upgrade their plane tickets
- Upgrade to an airport lounge pass
- Scavenger hunts – set up an easy and cute one close to their hotel
- Send a champagne/fruit/bubble bath basket
- Buy them matching bathrobes through the hotel
- Photography credit – many resorts and cruise ships will take photos and have them for sale
What other ideas do you have to make a honeymoon even more special?
[Photo – By National Park Service Digital Image Archives [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons]
Originally posted 2013-05-24 12:16:37.